The protagonist is sometimes hard to understand, but overall lovable in the end. I especially like the author's sense of humor with regards to the human spirit. Just one more excellent reason to never write letters to celebrities.
- Follow by Email.
- Structure—Performance Relationships in Surfactants: Revised and Expanded, Second Edition.
- Understanding Complex Datasets: Data Mining with Matrix Decompositions (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)!
There's plenty to like about an epistolary tale. For the reader, there's the sense of eavesdropping on a private conversation. Straw sets out in search of a new job, fending off depression and despair with ludicrously chummy letters to Locklear as well as bumbling missives to family, erstwhile friends, legal counsel and assorted service people.
Kun overcomes the limitations of his epistolary format with some inventive maneuvering that fills in the gaps in the story line and keeps the letters from becoming monotonous. The highlight is a tongue-in-cheek climax in which Straw gets back at his various correspondents-cum-tormenters by hiring a litigation-savvy lawyer, then entices his object of worship to put in an unlikely appearance at their college reunion or has Straw simply gone off the deep end and imagined it all?
Kun's lighthearted humor pokes clever fun at our ongoing obsession with fame and celebrity. View Full Version of PW.
- The Green Tent Mystery (Sugar Creek Gang Original Series)?
- Das Herz der Wüste (JULIA 24) (German Edition).
- Ein stiller Gruß zum Abschied – Trost (German Edition).
- Customers who viewed this item also viewed.
- August 2003.
- See a Problem?.
- Employment law increasingly affects the decisions of human resource managers. Name three types of laws and explain the purpose of each one..
More By and About This Author.